Dermatologist Recommended Body Acne Treatment
Typically, when we think about acne, we think about our face. What we often forget is that acne can occur anywhere that there are pores, which could be anywhere on our entire body. Whether it's during the sweltering summer heat or the cold winter months, struggling with chest or back acne is common, yet many people don't know how to fix it. We are here to guide you through treating your acne struggles with dermatologist approved tips and recommendations.
You may be asking yourself, why do I get chest and back acne? Any acne whether it is on your face or body occurs from clogged pores. These clogged pores take shape in the form of blackheads, pustules, cysts, whiteheads, and more. Some common causes of clogged pores, especially that of the chest and back occur from products you may be using and general build up of dirt. Often times hair products like leave in conditioner contain oils that clog your pores, causing chest and back break outs. Another main trigger of chest and back acne is sweat build up from working out. Showering daily and immediately after exercise is imperative to clearing built up grime in your pores.
Here are a few tips and products we have that prevent and and get rid of chest and back acne.
1. Shower daily
In order to prevent back and chest acne you have to wash away built up oil and dirt from the day. Just like your face, your body needs daily cleansing too.
2. When in the shower use an acne fighting cleanser on your problem areas. We recommend the SkinKure Blemish Cleanser For Dry Skin and the SkinKure Micronized BPO Gel Cleanser 10%. Using either of these products will help fully treat and cleanse your pores from build up.
Exfoliating is a great way to shed dead skin cells. Dead skin cells can often clog pores and cause acne. You should not exfoliate every day because this can be damaging to your skin, but 1-2 times a week is a great habit to get into. We recommend using the Obagi- C exfoliating lotion to help shed those dead skin cells.
4. Try spot treatments on certain problem areas. Spot treatments work well for those pesky pimples that you can't seem to shake. The SkinKure Acne Spot Treatment is perfect for targeting problem pimples.
5. Try a new laundry detergent for sensitive skin. Often times our skin has bad reactions to different chemicals in detergents. This is a simple fix to try to improve chest or back acne. Try different detergents to see which one is right for you.
6. In addition to trying a new detergent, try wearing looser breathable fabrics. This way sweat doesn't get trapped and clog your pores.
7. Lastly, the most important thing to remember not only for your back or chest acne but entire skin maintenance is hydrating. Hydrating is so important in keeping your skin looking and feeling its best.
When should you come in for a visit?
Seeing results with acne takes time. It can be up to 10 weeks until you start to notice your chest or back acne improving. If you still don't see any improvement- call your dermatologist.
By following these 7 steps and product recommendations, your chest and back acne should improve in no time. Find all the products mentioned on dermtodoor.com!