Here, we will go into detail on exactly how to use your custom Derm to Door acne scars prescription regimen.
Acne scars are the result of skin inflammation around the area of acne. Your Derm to Door prescription acne scar treatment includes a morning and night treatment with anti-inflammatory and skin lightening agents to decrease the appearance of acne scars on the skin over the course of 3-6 months. Sun avoidance and sun protection are essential. If a sunscreen is not used with broad spectrum SPF 50+, the acne scars may not improve. If new breakouts are still forming, it’s important to break the acne cycle. Please reach out to your Physician or see our virtual Dermatologist to get a prescription for your skin condition.
More: Get a Prescription for Your Acne Scars
Morning Acne Scars Treatment Regimen
- Rinse face with room-temperature water
- On dry skin, apply your AM acne scars medication
- Apply a gentle moisturizer
- Apply 1/2 teaspoon of sunscreen SPF 30+ (an SPF 50 is best, and a tinted sunscreen increases your protection, too) to your face/neck EVERY morning and reapply every 2 hours
Evening Acne Scars Treatment Regimen
- Wash face with a gentle cleanser
- On dry skin apply your PM acne scars medication
- Apply a simple moisturizer
Dr. Lily’s Favorite Skincare Products for Acne Scars
Dr. Lily has hand-selected the following skincare products specifically for your acne scars. Using these products in conjunction with your Derm to Door prescription acne scar treatment will help you achieve the best possible results.
Some tips when using these powerful acne scar medications
- Avoid eyes and lips when applying medication (using a petrolatum-based product like vaseline, Aquaphor, or CeraVe healing ointment on lips prior is advised)
- If dryness or irritation is experienced, reduce frequency to every other day, reduce quantity to half a pump, and/or, buffer medication by mixing into moisturizer
- If a dose of medication must be skipped, complete the same skincare regimen, excluding the medication. DO NOT “double-up” days or mix medications
- Do not mix these medications with any additional toners, acids, exfoliants, serums, or retinols. If you have any questions about the safety of any product or practice, please reach out to our customer service team at email@example.com or text our skin success team at 703-215-3087
How to Prevent Acne Scars
Preventing acne will prevent acne scars. Here are some of our Dermatologist's best tips for preventing acne and maintaining clear skin. Remember: the more wholistic your approach to acne scar treatment, the better your results will be!
- Use non-comedogenic products
- Use products without fragrance or essential oils (shop our fragrance free skincare products)
- Swap your pillowcase to a fresh one every other night
- Avoid dairy, added sugar, whey, and alcohol
- NEVER squeeze, pop, pick, or touch blemishes of any kind, this only causes permanent scarring and bacteria spread
Learn More About Acne: