For state-specific privacy rights for California residents, click here for additional terms and protections: [Rights under the CCPA].
- How to Contact Us.
Mail: 6849 Old Dominion Drive
McLean, Virginia 22101
Phone: (703) 356-5111
- Personal Information.
While using the Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). Personal Information is information that identifies, relates to, describes, can reasonably be associated with, or can reasonably be linked to a particular individual or household.
We collect information from you both when you provide it voluntarily and also automatically when you access or use the Site. We collect Personal Information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you: use our Site, register for an account with us, make a purchase, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, engage or connect with us through one of our social media pages, chat with a customer support specialist, or otherwise correspond with us. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in public comments, forums or other areas enabling other users to submit comments (“Forums”) becomes public information, is not maintained or treated as confidential, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information.
In addition, we collect Personal Information about you from third parties in connection with the Site, including from the following sources:
- Service providers (including hosting providers, shipping partners, and payment processors)
- Data analytics service providers
- Email, chat and other communications service providers
- Customer service providers
- Advertising providers
- Social media platforms
- Promotional partners
- The Information We Collect.
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information from you, depending on your interactions with the Site and the choices you make, as further described in the chart below:
- Identifiers. Your name, email address, postal address, unique personal identifier, and Internet Protocol (IP) address.
Interactions. Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories.
Internet or other electronic network activity information. For example:
Browse history. Data about the webpages you visit.
Search history. Data about the search terms you enter.
Device, connectivity, and configuration data. Data about your device and nearby networks, including regional and language settings.
Geolocation data. Data about your device’s location, which is inferred from your IP address and your postal address.
Professional or employment-related information.
- Protected Health Information. In order to provide the Site and products to you, the Site may access and process Protected Health Information (“PHI”) as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). Our use of PHI is governed by separate terms and conditions between Lily Talakoub, M.D. and our customers. PHI should only be submitted through the Site as permitted or required for use of the Site and is subject to the notices of privacy practices of Lily Talakoub, M.D.
- Demographic data. Data about you such as your age, country, preferred language and other data reflecting your consumer preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, preferences, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Information collected through use of the Site
Categories of Information
Description of Category
How We Use This Information
Account Registration Information
Registering for an account is an optional service provided by the Site.
This is the Personal Information that is provided by you or collected by us to enable you to login and access your account and the Site. This may include your name, address, email address, and phone number.
In addition to creating a general account on the Site, you may also choose to participate in our Affiliate Program by creating an affiliate account. The Affiliate Program is governed by the terms and conditions found here. The Personal Information we may request in connection with the creation of an affiliate account may include the following:
Some of the Personal Information we will ask you to provide is required in order to create your account.
Personal Information and other Demographic Data
We may collect Personal Information from you in connection with your use of the Site, including when you interact with the Site to update your account and view your information or provide feedback or post on a Forum through the Site. The information collected and used within your account may include:
If you are a provider using the Site to order products and provide services on behalf of your patients, we may collect certain information such as:
Payment and Purchasing Information
We may collect Personal Information if you make a purchase through the Site. The exact Personal Information will vary depending on the payment method but may include information such as:
We may also collect information concerning the services purchased or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
When you initiate or request a product return, refund or exchange, we may collect information from you in order to process your request and help prevent fraud, including information from your government-issued ID (e.g., name on ID, ID number). To learn more about our Returns Policy, click [here].
Customer Support Information
This includes any information that you choose to provide, whether by phone or email, to our sales or customer service representatives.
Third Party Data
This includes both Personal Information and non-personally identifiable data from our affiliates, partners or vendors, or public sources.
Social Media Platforms
If you choose to access, visit, and/or use any of our pages on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest (“Social Media Platforms”), we may receive aggregate information and analysis about your usage of our pages on such Social Media Platforms. You may choose to provide Personal Information through Social Media Platforms, including without limitation your name, phone number, or address when you communicate with us on the Social Media Platforms, post suggestions or comments for us, or through other such interactions on the Social Media Platforms.
We may collect general location information if you use features on the Site that provide location-based services.
This can be Personal Information and non-Personal Information that is collected about you when you are using the Site, and this may include:
Cookies. Cookies are small data files that are downloaded onto your computer or mobile device when you use the Site, which are unique to your device or account. Cookies make it easier for you to use the Site by saving your preferences so that we can use these to improve your next and subsequent visits to the Site – for example, [remembering your login information]. Cookies help us learn which areas of the Site are useful and which areas need improvement.
Cookies may be either persistent or temporary (or session) cookies. A persistent cookie retains user preferences for a particular website, app or service, allowing those preferences to be used in future use sessions and remains valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A temporary cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser or app is closed.
Pixels, Web Beacons. We or third party partners may use invisible pixels or beacons on the Site to count how many users access or use certain pages, features or content. This information is collected and reported in the aggregate. We may use this information to improve our current offerings, develop new products or services, and target information to you that may be helpful and useful to you based upon your use of the Site.
We use anonymized and aggregated information that may be created or derived from your Personal Information or usage of the Site for purposes that include data analysis, research, improving the Site, advertising, and developing new features and functionality within the Site.
- Sharing Your Information.
We share non-Personal Information with third parties at our discretion. We do not sell your Personal Information. In connection with the Site, we may share your Personal Information with certain third parties who we engage to help us run our business and perform the services, including under the following circumstances:
- Software and service providers we use to manage and process your information, including Shopify, in connection with the provision of our online store, and Authorize.net, in connection with payment processing. For more information about how Shopify uses your Personal Information, please visit: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- Product-related service providers, such as our delivery providers, vendors and manufacturers of our products.
- Web analytics providers who monitor and analyze the use of our Services (including Google Analytics). For more information about Google Analytics, please visit: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
- Marketing service providers we use to communicate with you.
- Advertising service providers we use to assist us in providing personalized advertising.
- Business partners, including promotional partners who are helping us run a joint promotion or who provide a product or service in partnership or collaboration with us.
- Other third parties that you expressly request us to share your Personal Information with.
Additionally, we will share your Personal Information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary in connection with the Site, or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Most of the third parties with whom we share your Personal Information are located and store your information in the United States, although some may be located or store your information outside of the United States. These third parties are only permitted to use your Personal Information to the extent necessary to enable them to provide their services to us.
- HIPAA Acknowledgement
To the extent that you provide or transmit any information, including, but not limited to, any Personal Information, any information that identifies any other individual (including without limitation name, email address and/or telephone number) and/or PHI, to us or our third-party service or data providers, licensors, or distributors (“Representatives”) through the Site, you warrant that (a) you are providing or obtaining only your own information or the information of others which you are authorized to provide to third parties and/or obtain from third parties on their behalf; and (b) the use of such information by us and our Representatives will not infringe upon or misappropriate the intellectual property rights or otherwise violate the rights of any third parties.]
- How We Safeguard Your Personal Information.
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk.
- How Long We Store Your Personal Information.
We also will retain Usage Information for internal analysis purposes. Usage Information is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when Usage Information is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of the Site, or we are legally obligated to retain Usage Information for longer periods.
- Your Rights and Options Regarding Your Personal Information.
Personalized Advertising. If you do not wish to participate in our advertising personalization programs, you can opt-out by following the directions provided within the applicable advertisement, through your account settings, or through disabling ad cookies through your browser settings. You may also opt out of receiving interest-based ads from Facebook, Google, and Bing. You will continue to see ads on each platform, but they will not be personalized as a result of your actions on the Site. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. Please visit the links below if you wish to opt out or update your preferences:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated?hl=en
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Cookies. As noted above in “The Information We Collect” above, you can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser or device. However, if you choose to disable cookies, your experience with the Site may be impaired and some features may not work as they were intended.
You can choose to limit the data that third party services (e.g., Social Media Platforms) share with us using the options provided to you by the applicable third party service (for example, the options provided by a third party Social Media Platform when you connect your social media account with the Site). You can also disconnect your use of the Site from the third-party service at any time using the options provided to you by the applicable third-party service. Please note, however, that if you disconnect from the third-party service, that will not delete the data we may have previously collected while you were connected.
- State-Specific Rights.
Depending on where you live, you may have certain rights with respect to Personal Information that we have collected and used under certain circumstances, which may include the following:*
- The right to request the following information regarding our use of your Personal Information:
- The categories of your Personal Information that we have collected
- The purposes for which we have collected or used such Personal Information
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we have collected about you
- The categories of third parties with whom we have disclosed your Personal Information
- If we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, a list identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained
- If we have sold your Personal Information, a list identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased
- The right to receive a copy of your Personal Information.
- The right to request us to erase your Personal Information when we no longer need such data in connection with the Site (subject to certain exceptions that may apply under applicable law).
- The right to opt out of sales of your Personal Information. To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting the following Internet Web page link: HYPERLINKED URL with the title “Do Not Sell My Personal Information”.
* If you are a resident of a jurisdiction where one or more of these rights are granted to you under applicable law, and you wish to exercise any such rights listed above, please contact us by either:
- Phone: (703) 356-5111
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: Insert URL for web form
[(Please note that if you are exercising the right to opt out, you may also submit your request through the following link: [HYPERLINKED URL with the title “Do Not Sell My Personal Information”].
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. Please understand that we are required to verify your request and may require you to provide some information to enable us to carry out such verification. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
- Transfer of Data; Special Notice to Non-U.S. Users.
- Sensitive Personal Information.
Subject to the following paragraph, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information as this term is defined under applicable data protection and privacy laws (for example, social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise to us.
- Children’s Information.
The Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 13. If you do not meet this age requirement, please do not access or use the Site.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 14, and we do not target the Site to children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us though one of the methods listed under “How to Contact Us” above. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from children without verification of parental consent, we take reasonable steps to remove that information from our servers.
For more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), which applies to websites that direct their services to children under the age of 13, please visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/complying-coppa-frequently-asked-questions.
- Links to Other Websites.
The Site may contain links to third-party websites. We have no control over how these websites collect your information and are not responsible for the content, privacy policies, actions, or security of these websites. Please make sure to read the privacy statements of these other websites that collect your Personal Information.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction.